Scott B. Smith
Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
Scott B. Smith is an accomplished Florida personal injury lawyer with many years of experience. He provides aggressive representation to individuals and families who have been injured in auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, commercial motor vehicle accidents, boating accidents, elevator accidents, train accidents, aviation accidents, and slip & fall accidents. Scott also represents those injured by defective products and families who have lost a loved one due to someone else’s negligence.
Mr. Smith is respected by his clients and those in the legal community. He has achieved an AV rating in Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Rating process. An AV rating is Martindale’s most prestigious peer review rating. It takes into account an attorney’s ability and ethics as well as confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. This honor is bestowed only upon lawyers who exude extraordinary legal capability and adhere to strict ethics while practicing.
Mr. Smith is also recognized as a Super Lawyer by the Florida Super Lawyers publication. This award is given to only five percent of the lawyers in Florida and demonstrates excellence in law practice. Mr. Smith has further been featured in several legal publications, including Attorney at Law Magazine, Best Lawyers, and Palm Beach Illustrated.
Scott Smith is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by The Florida Bar. Certification is the highest level of evaluation by The Florida Bar of an attorney’s competency and experience. Certification identifies Mr. Smith as an attorney with extensive knowledge, skills, and proficiency in civil trial law. It distinguishes him as a specialist in the areas of personal injury and wrongful death. Of Florida’s more than 80,000 attorneys, only about 4,200 are Board Certified.
During his career, Scott has resolved hundreds of cases by a settlement agreement or jury verdict. He has been lead counsel or co-counsel on numerous cases that resulted in settlements or jury verdicts in excess of one million dollars. His experience in handling significant personal injury and wrongful death cases allows him to offer quality representation to his clients who have been harmed in auto accidents, truck accidents, boating accidents, elevator accidents, aviation accidents, commercial motor vehicle accidents or by a defective product. Contact Mr. Smith if you’ve been injured by the negligence of another.
Scott B. Smith, 2017 Best Lawyers “Lawyers of the Year” in Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in West Palm Beach
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 1998; Florida State University, B.S., Dean’s List, 1995; United States Air Force Academy, 1993
- 1998, Florida; United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida; United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida; United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida; United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; United States Supreme Court
- Palm Beach County Bar Association (Chair, Personal Injury/Wrongful Death CLE Committee & Member, Board of Directors, Northern County Section)
- The Florida Bar (Member, Code and Rules of Evidence Committee)
- Florida Justice Association (Member, Board of Directors)
- Palm Beach County Justice Association (Member, Board of Directors)
- U.S. Air Force, 1991-1993