Stuart & Treasure Coast Personal Injury
At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers have chosen to only focus on personal injury cases. We pride ourselves in assisting injury victims and their families to find justice through the civil court system. Our firm handles all types of injuries, including wrongful death cases, and focuses on getting the best compensation available, though that looks different for each case.
Florida Personal Injury Matters
According to FleetOwner, four of the six deadliest highways across the United States travel through Florida. As a result we see plenty of personal injury cases resulting from traffic collisions. Our attorneys handles cases such as:
- Car accidents – While some car crashes are minor, others result in serious injuries and a totaled vehicle. We handle all sorts of car crash cases and help investigate whether distracted driving, speeding, or other reckless driving behaviors were the cause.
- Bicycle accidents – WJHG reported that AAA found Florida to be the worst state when it came to fatal bicycle crashes in 2017. Bicyclists do not have the same protection offered by an enclosed vehicle and often sustain severe injuries if they survive. Medical bills add up and seeking compensation is important to the victim’s future.
- Truck accidents – Trucks must abide by state and federal regulations, so it is important if you have been in a truck collision to seek legal counsel who has experience handling these more complex cases.
- Motorcycle accidents – Like bicyclists, motorcyclists have fewer protections when on the road and can suffer life-threatening injuries during a crash. We have also seen bias against motorcyclists who get unfairly blamed initially after a crash. We will work hard to prove you are the victim in your crash and hold the negligent party liable.
- Boating accidents – Boating is a popular activity in Florida, but that also means boating accidents happen more frequently. Injuries can occur when there is a collision with another boat or when there are defective mechanical parts. We can also help you if you were injured while renting a boat.
- Wrongful Death – Nothing can replace losing a loved one, however a wrongful death case can help the family financially during this time. A claim can allow for recovery of damages such as medical bills, funeral expenses, loss of consortium, loss of income, and more.
- Products liability – Food, children’s toys, medication, and other goods that are sold should be safe for consumers. However, some can be harmful and cause injury. Our attorneys have experience holding companies responsible in product liability cases.
- Premises liability – If you are injured on someone else’s property because hazardous conditions existed and were unmarked then you may be entitled to seek compensation. Common premises cases include slip and fall, dog bites, and more.
Contact the Attorneys at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in the Stuart area because of someone else’s negligence or carelessness, it is important that you talk to a qualified personal injury attorney about filing an insurance claim. The attorneys at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, are available for a free consultation. Call us today at 561-725-8631.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, announces that each of its partners …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …