Palm Beach Gardens Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When you seek medical attention for an illness or an injury, you expect that the doctors and medical professionals you are trusting your health to are doing their job. They should be providing a certain standard level of care. If they make a mistake or there is an oversight, it could cause you significant harm. This harm can be caused by a doctor, nurse, medical technician, pharmacist, etc. When someone’s medical negligence injures you, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your damages.
At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, our Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice lawyers are here to help. We routinely represent victims of medical malpractice throughout Palm Beach County. Our top priority is to hold medical professionals accountable for their negligence and help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Sadly, many medical professionals are guilty of making mistakes. These mistakes can result in catastrophic injuries and permanent damage. Medical malpractice victims are stuck with the emotional and physical consequences of the offender’s omission, lapse in judgment, miscalculation, etc. Some examples of Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice cases we handle include:
- Delayed or Misdiagnosis: Unfortunately, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnoses happen. This type of mistake usually means you did not get the treatment you needed, or you unnecessarily went through treatment you shouldn’t have. You might have had nasty side effects from the unnecessary treatment or suffered additional harm because you didn’t receive the medical assistance you needed.
- Surgical Errors: Sometimes, errors can happen during a medical procedure or surgery. Perhaps they operated on the wrong body part, left a surgical instrument inside, etc. In some cases, a doctor may recommend a completely unnecessary surgery.
- Birth Injuries: Getting the proper care while pregnant is imperative. If a doctor fails to catch possible conditions during your pregnancy, you and/or your baby could be at risk. Mistakes during childbirth can result in a lack of oxygen to the brain as well. Some birth-related injuries can include cerebral palsy, brain hemorrhages, Erb’s palsy, shoulder dystocia, persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn, and more.
- Premature Discharge: Prematurely discharging a patient can result in additional injuries if the patient is unable to take care of themselves.
- Improper Medication: Taking the wrong medication or the wrong dosage can cause additional problems or make the underlying problem worse. For example, consider someone who does not have a thyroid problem but was prescribed thyroid medication. It could result in creating a thyroid problem that the victim never had before.
Medical malpractice cases are complex. It would be best if you did not attempt to handle pursuing a claim on your own. You have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit in medical malpractice cases, which is why it’s imperative to contact an experienced Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice attorney as soon as you know something is wrong.
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you were injured due to a medical professional’s negligence, you could collect compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, time off work, and future expenses. If you believe you have a valid case, contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers today to schedule an initial consultation.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …
Scott B. Smith and Marci Ball are pleased to announce that Nelson Báez has become a partner at Smith, Ball & Báez …
Unfortunately, car crashes are far too common in Florida. In fact, according to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department, in …