Palm Beach Gardens Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a car accident can be a very traumatic experience. It could be even more stressful and overwhelming if you suffered injuries in the accident. You may be facing months of treatment, time off work, your vehicle is totaled, and you have no idea what to do next. Understandably, you likely want to know who will be paying for your medical bills, to start with. If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you need to speak with an experienced Palm Beach Gardens car accident lawyer.
There are hundreds of thousands of auto accidents across the state every year. Many of these accidents could have been prevented if drivers were more attentive, responsible, and followed the traffic laws. At Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, we have years of experience helping clients recover financial compensation for their damages in a car accident. If you need assistance, our Palm Beach Gardens car accident attorneys are here to help.
Negligent drivers cause many Florida car accidents. Distracted driving is one of the leading negligent acts we see. Some people assume texting and driving is the primary behavior, but distracted driving is anything that takes your attention off the road. It could be an unruly child in the backseat, changing the radio station, looking at the GPS, eating and driving, etc.
Some other common causes of car accidents include:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs;
- Drowsy driving;
- Reckless driving and street racing;
- Tailgating the vehicle in front; and
- Illegal traffic violations.
In some cases, other factors may have played a role in your accident. Road hazards, weather conditions, and defective vehicle parts are also contributing factors. To successfully recover any compensation, you must show evidence that the other party was negligent. That is where you need the expertise of a skilled car accident attorney.
Common Injuries in Florida Car Accidents
A person’s injuries from a car accident will vary depending on a variety of factors, including the vehicle’s speed, the types of cars, where the impact occurred, etc. Depending on the severity of the impact, some injuries are life-altering or life-threatening. Some of the most common types of injuries we see resulting from auto accidents are:
- Back and neck injuries: Many car accident injuries affect the neck and/or back. Injuries can range from mild pain and whiplash to serious spinal injuries requiring surgery.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries in motor vehicle accidents are often caused by the body sustaining a sudden jolt or hitting your head on something inside the car. Brain injuries will vary from a mild concussion to permanent, life-changing injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: Like brain injuries, spinal cord injuries can be among the most severe. Spinal cord injuries are usually permanent and may involve paralysis. There is no cure for spinal cord injuries, either.
Injuries in a car accident are not limited to the examples above. The mechanics of the accident will determine what and where your injuries are. Some people walk away with only a few bruises and soft tissue damage, while others may suffer permanent damage requiring significant future medical treatment.
Contact a Palm Beach Gardens Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a Palm Beach Gardens car accident, contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers today to schedule an initial consultation. Let us protect your rights and help you to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is pleased to announce the addition …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, announces that each of its partners …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …