Palm Beach County Car Accident Lawyer
Every time we get in a car, as a driver or a passenger, we put our lives in danger. A sobering statement—that may seem dramatic—but we can’t deny the statistics. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported over 400,000 crashes in 2018, causing over 165,000 injuries and nearly 3,000 deaths in the state. In Palm Beach County alone, there were over 26,000 crashes, causing more than 10,000 injuries and over 150 deaths. And the fact is—many of these car accidents were avoidable if drivers had only followed traffic laws and drove more responsibly overall. If you were hurt in a car accident caused by negligent, reckless, or illegal driving, Palm Beach County car accident lawyers at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers can help you obtain fair compensation for your injuries.
In Florida, cars are a way of life. At about 2.15 million, we rank third in the country for vehicle miles traveled. In Palm Beach County, many smaller towns don’t have any public transportation, and most people need to drive simply to take care of life’s daily necessities. Add to that the number of visitors to our state, who may not be familiar with our roads, and car accidents are bound to happen. But high traffic volume is hardly the only thing causing car accidents in Florida. How often do you see a vehicle erratically changing lanes on the interstate, or failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign, or making an illegal U-turn? Probably too frequently to count. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving is the number one cause of car accidents in the country—people simply can’t seem to put down their cellphones while driving.
- Speeding causes many car accidents because driving too fast slows the reaction time needed to prevent a car accident.
- Drunk driving continues to be a common cause of car accidents, despite what we know about the dangers of driving under the influence.
- Reckless driving, such as changing lanes too quickly and tailgating, causes many avoidable car accidents.
- Many side-impact collisions and rollover car accidents are caused by drivers running red lights and stop signs.
- Wrong-way driving frequently leads to very serious head-on collisions.
- Street racing in Florida poses a real threat to motorists, and street racing accidents frequently result in fatalities.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, the smartest move you can make is to seek legal representation quickly. The insurance company will not readily cover the full cost of medical treatment, time you’ve missed from work, and any ongoing therapy you may need. An experienced car accident lawyer can help ensure you get all the compensation you’re entitled to receive based on your injuries and damages. In Palm Beach County, that lawyer can be found at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers.
Talk to a Palm Beach County Car Accident Lawyer
Please contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers today to discuss your options for obtaining maximum compensation after a car accident. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means no fees until we recover on your behalf.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is pleased to announce the addition …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, announces that each of its partners …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …