Lake Worth Product Liability Lawyer
There are around 350 product recalls issued every year in the US, whether by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), other government agencies, or manufacturers. Many other items are not subject to recalls, but are equally dangerous because of their potential to cause injury or death to consumers. If you were hurt or lost a loved one, you may be relieved to know that you have legal remedies under Florida products liability laws.
However, you may not realize the complexities involved when you try to pursue a manufacturer or other company for your losses as a victim. Instead of putting your rights at risk, trust our team at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers to advocate on your behalf. Please contact us today to schedule a no-cost case evaluation with a Lake Worth product liability lawyer. You might also benefit from reviewing some basic information about your options.
Overview of Florida Product Liability Laws
Manufacturers and other companies in the supply chain can be held accountable for the losses victims suffer after being injured by a defective product. There are multiple classifications regarding defects, including:
- Design flaws, where a mistake in developing the product leads all items made from this blueprint to be defective;
- Manufacturing defects, in which an error in production makes a particular lot of items to be dangerous; and,
- Labelling errors that usually involve a failure to warn consumers about the dangers of the product.
Many defective product claims are based upon strict liability, so it is not necessary to prove that the manufacturer was at fault in allowing the item to make its way into the stream of commerce. However, negligence and breach of express or implied warranty may also serve as a basis for a product liability case.
Your Rights as an Injured Victim
You may be entitled to recover compensation after being hurt because of a defective product, in an amount intended to put you in the same position as if your injuries never occurred. Our attorneys at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers strive to obtain fair monetary damages in two key categories:
- Economic Damages: This class of compensation refers to your defined losses and out-of-pocket expenditures. Examples include your costs for surgery, treatment, hospitalization, and other medical care, as well as lost wage.
- Non-Economic Damages: You may also sustain losses that are not as easy to define by dollar value, but which certainly affect your life. Pain and suffering, emotional distress, and losses that affect your personal relationship are non-economic in nature.
Set Up a Consultation with a Lake Worth Product Liability Lawyer
As you can see, the legal process can be complicated when you attempt to seek compensation after being hurt by a dangerous, defective product. You gain an advantage when you retain qualified legal representation, so please contact Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers to speak to a member of our team. We can set up a free consultation with a product liability attorney who can review your situation and determine how to proceed.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is pleased to announce the addition …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, announces that each of its partners …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …