Lake Worth Premises Liability Lawyer
Most Florida property owners comply with their duty to maintain the premises in a safe condition, but there are some that shirk their legal obligations and create a risk of harm to others. According to the Palm Beach County Code Enforcement Division, some of the most common issues involve building code violations for illegal construction, improper use, and overgrown lots. These and many other types of misconduct increase the potential for serious accidents, leading to a wide range of losses for injured victims.
Fortunately, if you were hurt or lost a loved one because of dangerous conditions on someone else’s property, you have rights under Florida laws on premises liability. Our attorneys at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers will be at your side to help enforce them, whether we are negotiating settlement or in court. Please contact our office to set up a free consultation with a Lake Worth premises liability lawyer, and review some important information about your remedies.
Liability for Accidents on Property
Most premises liability cases are based upon negligence by the owner or other party in control over the property. To recover monetary damages, you must have solid evidence to prove four essential elements:
- You must show that the responsible party had a duty to keep the premises safe for others;
- You need proof that the person or entity breached this duty of care, such as by failing to make repairs or post signs about hazardous conditions;
- You must establish a link between the breach and the accident that caused your injuries, such that you would not have been hurt but for the breach; and,
- You need evidence showing the losses you sustained because of being hurt.
Compensation in Florida Premises Liability Cases
Owners of real estate and businesses carry insurance to protect against loss, so your first step in the legal process is filing an insurance claim. IN some cases, you may be able to work out an agreement to settle your claim out of court. However, if the insurer refuses to pay fair, reasonable monetary damages for your losses, you may need to file a lawsuit in civil court.
Our team at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers will advocate on your behalf throughout the legal process. It is our goal to obtain top compensation allowed by law, such as:
- Medical costs for surgery, hospitalization, pain medications, physical therapy, and related expenses;
- Lost income, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Losses based upon how your injuries affect quality of life; and,
- Many other monetary damages.
Reach Out to a Lake Worth Premises Liability Lawyer Today
While this overview of Florida premises liability laws may help you understand the basics, there are numerous details that you should entrust to experienced legal counsel. Our team at Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers can tackle the legal issues, allowing you to focus on recovering from your injuries. For more information, please contact our office to schedule complimentary case evaluation with one of our premises liability attorneys.
Recent Blog Posts
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, announces that each of its partners …
Smith, Ball & Báez Injury Lawyers, a personal injury firm based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is a sponsor of Abacoa’s 2021 …