Jupiter Premises Liability Lawyer
Florida property owners have a duty to ensure the space is safe, whether the premises is a shop, restaurant, theater, mall, or any other venue where the members of the public may enter. When they fail in their legal obligations, fatal and injury-causing accidents can occur. Though these incidents are familiarly known as “slip and falls,” the legal term is premises liability. Victims may be able to recover compensation for their physical, financial, and emotional losses.
However, the process for seeking the monetary damages you deserve is more complicated than simply filling out some forms. You could encounter challenges while attempting to enforce your rights, so it’s wise to trust your matter to our team at Smith, Ball & Baez Injury Lawyers. For more information on how we can help, please contact our office to set up a free case assessment with a Jupiter premises liability lawyer. Some information on the basic legal concepts may also be useful.
How Premises Liability Claims Work
Slip and fall accidents are a type of personal injury case based upon the legal theory of negligence. To recover compensation for your losses as a victim, you must prove four essential elements:
- The existence of a legal duty, which owners and others in control of the premises owe to guests and visitors;
- A breach of this duty through the failure to protect against reasonably foreseeable dangers and conditions;
- A direct link between the breach of duty and the slip and fall accident, such that you would not have been hurt but for the breach; and,
- You suffered damages because of being injured on dangerous property.
Some examples of common premises liability cases may help you understand the relevant concepts. A property owner may be negligent by:
- Failing to clean up spills or debris;
- Neglecting to make repairs to hazardous conditions;
- Not implementing adequate security measures to protect against criminal activity; and,
- Failure to inspect the premises to discover dangers that could cause accidents.
Damages for Your Losses as an Injured Victim
Our team at Smith, Ball & Baez Injury Lawyers is committed to recovering the full amount of compensation you deserve by law. We’ll seek the following types of damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional anguish; and,
- Many others.
You should note that Florida’s statute of limitations applies to premises liability claims. You have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit in court against the negligent property owner. If you allow the statute of limitations to expire, you’re forever barred from recovering compensation for your losses.
Trust a Jupiter, FL Premises Liability Attorney to Assist with Your Claim
If you were hurt in a slip and fall or other accident due to dangerous conditions on property, retaining experienced legal counsel is essential. You can count on our premises liability lawyers at Smith, Ball & Baez Injury Lawyers to assist with the legal process, so please contact our office to schedule your no-cost consultation. You can reach our firm by calling 561.500.HELP (4357) or via our website.